Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This is something I feel strongly about. Also, french braiding.

So, if you're a die-hard reader of Allure like me, you will have read the Essay in the recent issue. If you arn't or haven't read it, it's about a plus sized woman and her struggles with the word 'Fat'. I don't like the word. Fat can describe a body, but not a person. I hope that no one who is reading this blog has ever been called fat. But, truth is, you likely have been. Or you've called someone else fat. I have to admit... I'm no saint, but I try to keep the word off my lips. You have to remember, a body has a soul, no matter how big their subcutaneous layer is. And to everyone who has been called fat, remember, you are so much more.


If I was a celebrity, empowering women (and men) would be what I would like to be remembered for (along with getting a luxury bag named after me).


I would also like to do a bit of trend reporting. Lately, I have been more into hair. I have a bestie who can french braid her hair (without looking in gym class) in under 30 seconds. I turn around and she has a full-on fishtail going. I figured out how to do it, so I will probably be wearing braids for the next while. Also, about a month ago, I dyed the bottom of my hair pink. Well, in the above-mentioned Allure issue, guess what hair color trend is going on? Mhm. Thats right. Pink. I win.

Clothing. Right now is about classics: Riding boots, fur vests, cardigans, anything knit, and as always, slouchy hats. I am currently loving my Current/Elliott jeans as well as my James Jeans (both obtained under the stylish eye of my aunt). If you haven't been following the fashion weeks, well, you haven't missed anything too ingeneous. My dear Betsey had her last runway show, lingerie is making a comeback and so is color blocking and stripes, although I don't think the pair ever left.

Oh well. Love. Grace

Ps-check out slowrobot.com (it's from the people behind dear blank please blank!)

No comments:

Post a Comment